NOTE: This process is used to select specific talent to audition for specific roles from Dani's Agency when there is little or no cash compensation for short film projects only. Contact Dani if you are doing anything that has a product. Feature film day rate minimum is $125 per day for SAG-AFTRA and NON-UNION actors effective July 1, 2015. Contact Bill to have him submit actors for feature films.
We encourage actors we represent to work on short films for training purposes, however we do not post auditions. If you wish to audition any particular actor we will gladly forward your information and email to the actors you request and they will schedule a time for the audition on the date and location you specify if they are interested and available.
Dani or Bill will gladly talk you through your first search using our online talent database if needed, 602-263-1918 office or 602-505-0823 Bill's cell.
The steps below should get you started.
1. click on the Talent_Database link at the bottom of any page within this site
2. the database opens to a search query
3. select gender of character in role – male of female
4. select ethnicity if specific – Caucasian, African American, Hispanic, etc.
5. select the union status - NON-UNION if your project is not on a SAG-AFTRA contract or has a SAG-AFTRA student waiver
6. select the age range (you may have to do multiple searches if your age range extends into other age ranges)
7. select the location you will be filming (unless you have a travel expenses in your budget)
8. click on the button "Search" and the results come up in thumbnail photos
9. Click on the thumbnail photo to see additional information
Video Slate (MUST HAVE QUICKTIME PLUG-IN)
Recent Work Video (MUST HAVE QUICKTIME PLUG-IN)
Acting Demo Reel (MUST HAVE QUICKTIME PLUG-IN)
10. select each actor you would like to see audition for each role
11. click the Request button at the bottom of your Talent Selections page
12. fill out the Talent Request Form with the appropriate information about the audition and copy and paste the titles below into an email to Bill Green at bill.@danisagency.com so Bill can pass along the information about your project to the actors requested.
CITY FILMING LOCATION(S):
APPROX. SHOOT DATES:
COMPENSATION: (Minimum - Credit, DVD copy and food on set.)
NOTES: (List the degree of violence and the level of nudity, if any, even though none of the actors we represent are interested in nude roles.)
AUDITION TIME RANGE:
AUDITION SCHEDULING INSTRUCTIONS:
Also include a phone number to reach you to ask questions about your project if required.
Bill will email each actor individually with your request to audition along with the supplied information about your project. The talent will call or email you to set-up a specific time on your casting date if they are interested and available for your project. All interaction thereafter will be between you and the talent.